Thursday, June 4, 2009

MIERCOLES- Second day of volunteering

Hola! My name is Maressa Gordon. I am 18 years old. Today is June 3, 2009. Today we volunteered at the primary school for the second day. We were all assigned to work with different groups. The students had their final exam so we reviwed in stations. We were given the task of teaching the students words in English! Words such as walk, stop, and so on. The students learned the colors, some numbers, directions, and how to play BINGO! It was a blast. After that we went back to our host families for lunch and shortly after eating we went back to the Guacamaya school for 2 hours for Spanish classes! Right befor leaving the school Tre sat in the cheir and broke it. That was the funniest thing that happened today. Then we were given the opportunity to go shopping and or walk around the city of Copán. After 2 and a half hours of shopping we returned to our host families to eat dinner! Unfortunately all the lights and water was off in the city! But this did not stop me because I enjoyed seeing my friends run around in the dark. The only thing I did not like was that we couldnt really use the bathroom because we couldnt flush the tolets. All of the students had to walk back to the school for our nightly meeting in the dark! In our meeting we planned for tomorrow and voted for VIAJERO DEL DIA (the traveler of the day), which was Denzel, then we returned to our family for bedtime! My favorit part of this trip so far was being able to go horseback ridding. It was fun going up the hill but hilarious going down because Quinterra yelled and screamed the hole way down!!!!! Very funny!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I imagine all of you are heading back home today. I enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for putting them up. I admire your decision to take a step into a world you don't know. That takes courage and a willingness to get out of your comfort zone. Keep pushing your boundaries! Thanks again!

Sebastian

Unknown said...

I don't remember if I posted this yesterday or not, so I apologize if I did and it's waiting for approval.

Thanks for the posts! I enjoyed reading them! I admire your decision to explore a new world. It takes courage and a willingness to step out of your comfort zone. Keep pushing your boundaries! Thanks again!

Sebastian