Monday, June 1, 2009

Lunes-Horseback riding and spanish class

Monday June 1,2009

Hola! My name is Jasmine and I am in the 12th grade.Today we went horseback riding through the Mayan village, today also was the beginning of our spanish classes. I began my day by eating pancakes for breakfast. Muy Bien! After breakfast it was straight to Gucamaya school. The moment I was waiting for, horseback riding. It took two hours to get up the mountain and two hours to come back down. I really enjoyed myself and so did the others. It was a calm, but slightly rocky trip.We stopped by the indigenous village, there we had a tour, and a brief description of how the children went to school, and how they made their living. Once back in town I really didn't want to stop riding the horse, but it was either get off or pay $15 to ride again. Then, it was lunch with our host families. I CAN'T BELIVE I ATE AMARDILLO!! but it was good. Once again it was a long and tiring walk back to the school for spanish classes. I was nervous at first, but excited at the same time. I really enjoyed the one on one time with my teacher. After speaking spanish for two hours it was again time to go back home, but first we went through town to do a little shopping. The day soon came to an end. The purpose for these activities: to relax, enjoy ourselves, and enhance our spanish skills. My favorite activities so far, it's so very hard but I enjoyed Hot springs, and most of all horseback riding, simply because I love horses! Chao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jasmine your family is so PROUD of you. We are so happy that you are enjoying yourself and so very proud of all your accomplishments. TeTe Kenya and Duana said hi and sends their love. Miss you and can't wait for you to get home! Your baby brother Easton says to hurry home so he can whip you. LOL

LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Well Jaz, its good to know that you and the others are really enjoying yourselves. Take advantage of every opportunity that is at the tip of your fingers. Continue to have fun!!!!! Ohhhh Jaz,,,, ARMADILLO. EEEEWWWWWW. But continue to enjoy every moment.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This all sounds so very exciting--or should I say-- "Muy Bien"! I'm just thrilled that you all get to experience such wonderful and memorable things at such young ages. I can't wait to get the "full report" on the entire experience! So keep up the great work on mental/physical notes, pictures, blogs, souvenirs, etc.!!! I'm just SUPER proud of ya, "Niecy"! Take care. From yo lil ole aunty in BIG OLE Texas!

Unknown said...

Me gusta montar a caballo también. Armadillo - LOL! Sounds like you guys are having fun and learning! Great!

Sebastian