Monday, June 1, 2009

DOMINGO – The Copán Ruins and Hot Springs




Fantastic Ruins and Hot Springs

May 31,2009
Hola! My name is Shamita and I am in the 12th grade. The activity for the day was going to the Mayan Ruins and Hot Springs. The schedule for the day was very long and busy. We were to wake up, eat breakfast with our host familiy, meet at the Guacamayan school, visit the Mayan Ruins, return to Copan, eat lunch with host family, free time , meet at the school, hot springs/dinner at hot springs, return to host family, and last go to bed. The Mayan Ruins was fun, exciting, informative, interesting, and a new experience for all of us. We were so excited about the Ruins because we had a great opportunity to explore the Honduran culture. We also had a chance to see the Honduran president at the Ruins and that was also exciting. The Mayan Ruins were very fantastic and I know everyone enjoyed themselves. Hot Springs was very beautiful and different from the water that I'm use to seeing. We got a chance to get in hot tubs and take mud baths. Hot Springs is an excellent place to relax and enjoy the different things in the park. We went to the Ruins because it is always good to know some history about the place you are visiting. We went to Hot Springs to enjoy ourselves and relax from the hot long tour at the Ruins. Traveling to the Ruins and Hot Springs served as a good purpose for this trip because we got a chance to learn some things about Honduras history and we still had a chance to enjoy ourselves. I enjoyed both the Ruins and Hot Springs. The Ruins were very hot and long but it was worth it because I got a chance to learn some things that I didn't know about Honduras and at Hot Springs I got a chance to explore different things that were in the water park and enjoy my time there. The most exciting part at the Ruins was seeing the hieroglyphic stairway. The most exciting part at Hot Springs was me in the pool and my legs couldn't really reach the bottom of the pool. My favorite part of this trip was going to the Ruins. I didn't expect much from the Ruins but I ended up getting the best information there, which was about the Honduras history. Overall the trip is excellent and I am looking forward to the rest. All I am left now to say is WoW! Hopefully my feelings and thoughts will stay the same which I know they are. Adios!

2 comments:

Thérèse McKinny-Wood said...

You guys got to meet the Honduran president?!?!?! That is incredible! I live in Honduras and I still haven't even seen him in person. I'm looking forward to working with you all on your volunteer project this week. Until then, happy travels!

Unknown said...

Photos!