Wednesday, June 10, 2009

JUEVES – Last Day of Volunteering

June 4, 2009
My name is Denzel Parker and I just graduated this year. Today we volunteered at the primary school and we had a party for the kids learning a hundred English words. Our schedule for today was as follows: wake up was at 7:30, breakfast with host families was at 8: 15, we met at
the school at 9:00, we did volunteer work at school at 9:35 to 12:00. We ate as a group at a restaurant at
12:15. We had classes at the Guacamayan Spanish school at 1:30 to 3:30 then we went home to eat with our families at 5:00. We met back at school at 7:00 for salsa dance class and at 9:00 we watched movie. After the movie we had journal writing and debriefing. Once we were done with debriefing it would be time for us to go home and go to bed. At the primary school we had a graduation party for the kids and they were very excited. I really enjoyed seeing the kids so happy when we were having the party for them. I learned that most people can't afford to have a decent education so I advise everyone to take their school work very seriously. My favorite part of the trip so far was when we were horseback riding because I actually rode the horse fast and didn't fall off.

TODAY WAS A VERY INTERESTING DAY FOR ME AND THE REST OF THE HONDURAS BOUND TEAM.


THANKS FOR VISITING OUR SITE.

No comments: